Friday, April 2, 2010

I am an anemone.


Many of my friends are wondering, "What now?" Their kids are growing up. They have more time. If they are working, they have freedom to decide if they want to change or stay in their current career. I was a stay-at-home mom. OK, I addressed Christmas cards for money. I made hair bows for a company from home.(I was really bad at that. Got paid hourly, and REALLY made about $2.00 an hour!) I worked part-time at various jobs for the YMCA, but basically, I was a career mom. Many wondered what I would do when my kids left home. I wondered. But with Lily, a high school Junior who drives and dances and dates and goes to her youth group, the only child left at home, I am filled with anticipation. I can now pursue new dreams. I know what my dreams are. I am in the autumn of life, but I am blooming. Looking up flowers that bloom in autumn, I discovered the anemone. Thought this was only something from Finding Nemo. It is also a land flower. Anemones - single vibrant flowers bloom atop long slender stems. Also known as wildflowers. Bloom in shades of pink, purple, red and white. Prefers full sun. Makes an ideal cut flower. Who wouldn't want to be vibrant? Who wouldn't want to sit atop ling slender stems? A little wild is good! The shades are perfect, and I certainly prefer full sun. Works well alone? Describes me! So I am an anemone, a hopeful one. Hoping that if you are reading this blog, you also will be excited about life whatever season you are in. Find your flower. Had shared my blooming thoughts with my husband. He surprised me by ordering some bulbs for me. I didn't know that and bought some. We will have a yard full this fall. Just fine with me!!

4 comments: